9+ Best Leaf Blowers Reviews (2018 Buying Guide)
Let’s check best leaf blowers at a glance in a comprising table:
|Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (Corded)|
250 MPH, corded blower with a large impeller, variable Speed control with added accessories.
|Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered Handheld Leaf Blower|
170 MPH, commercial motor for long-lasting performance, offers superior comfort.
|Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric Blower|
160 MPH, lightweight and ergonomic design, no harmful emission due to the decent motor.
|Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Handheld Blower|
170 MPH, fan housing position offers better flexibility, easy-start feature with adjustable blowing tube.
|Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm Backpack Leaf Blower with 2.1 HP X-Torq engine|
180 MPH, lightweight harness offers better usability and experience, less harmful emissions along with better efficiency.
|GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 500CFM Cordless Blower, 2Ah Battery, and Charger Included|
125MPH, decent runtime with a reliable motor performance, almost soundless operation with flexible usability.
|WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower and 600 CFM Output and Variable Speed Control – WG520|
110 MPH, dynamic design with a lightweight design stature, integrated specialized technology promises a better experience.
|Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Stroke Gas-Powered Handheld Gas Blower|
170 MPH, comfortable design offers better comfort, adjustable setup for maximum output.
|EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower - 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit|
90 MPH, efficient blower with a decent design, variable speed battery-powered blower 200 mph for promises to get the job done.
|Poulan Pro 967087101 48cc Backpack Blower|
200 MPH, frame is optimizable, so easy to carry on the back, lightweight and durable leaf blower.
A leaf blower is nothing more than a cleaning machine. You may have had some experience of cleaning the leaves shed by the trees in winter.
The amount of mess you need to go through is certainly tedious. But owning a leaf blower will probably make your life a bit easier.
So, you are in the market for a new leaf blower. But unfortunately, you have lost your way among so many brands. Well, don’t get too worried. Because I am here with the best leaf blowers which will eliminate you’re cleaning problems.
So, no more worries in winters when the trees shed their leaves and fill your backyard. Before I start, it is probably right to mention that I will be including a small buying guide at the end of the reviews.
- 1 Top Rated 10 Best Leaf Blowers Reviews
- 1.1 1. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (Corded) Review
- 1.2 2. Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower Review
- 1.3 3. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower Review
- 1.4 4. Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower Review
- 1.5 5. Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower with 2.1 HP X-Torq engine Review
- 1.6 6. GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 125MPH – 500CFM Cordless Blower, 2Ah Battery, and Charger Included Review
- 1.7 7. WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower with 110 MPH and 600 CFM Output and Variable Speed Control – WG520 Review
- 1.8 8. Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 – MPH Gas-Powered Handheld Gas Blower Review
- 1.9 9. EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower – 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit Review
- 1.10 10. Poulan Pro 967087101 48cc Backpack Blower Review
- 1.11 How to use a leaf blower:
- 1.12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1.13 Final Recommendation
Also, I will try and answer some of your questions in the easiest way possible. Leaf blowers reviews are not that easy to get by. But I have tried my best. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get going!
The comparison table should probably give you a better idea about the products we are about to discuss further in the review. So, I should get started with the review.
Top Rated 10 Best Leaf Blowers Reviews
1. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (Corded) Review
Our first product for the review of the best budget leaf blower is the Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (Corded).
Apart from its lightweight design and close-to small signature, it certainly has some really intriguing features.
If you are looking for a handheld leaf blower with an extra surge of power, then this Toro leaf blower should probably be a fine choice for you. Here are the features of this leaf blower.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the leaf blower comes with a heavy-duty metal impeller.
- It clearly allows the machine to be precise at what it does. Also, your mulching tasks will certainly be a lot easier with the extra bit of power.
- Then we have the 12amps motor which can easily dish out 410 cfm in vacuum mode.
- In fact, the additional power comes in handy in a lot of your daily cleaning tasks.
- Another thing to mention here is the 88% debris reduction. Also, the performance may be considered superior to other brands in this range.
- Last but not the least, I should probably mention the ease of storage.
- Also, the built-in cord lock and storage hook offer great functionality for the user as well.
- Cost effective blower with a small design stature.
- Good solid performance while cleaning.
- Easy assembly and storage options.
- The variable switching mechanism is a bit buggy.
- The overall design may feel cheap to some users.
In conclusion, I would like to say that the product is a good choice if you consider your budget and the features you are getting.
2. Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower Review
The Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower is 2nd on our list for the best leaf blowers. Of course, manufacturers like Hitachi certainly offer some of the best products. So, it is probably safe to say that the expectations are clearly a bit high.
And I can happily say that the manufacturers have kept their promise. The leaf blowers reviews would not have been complete without such a product. In fact, the features will certainly make a nice impression.
Features and Benefits:
- At first, we would like to talk about the 23.9cc 2-stroke engine.
- The engine doesn’t feel extra heavy.
- So, the overall design is lightweight in my opinion. Also, the design is certainly easy to control.
- So, you have that added flexibility.
- Then we have an impressive 170mph air flow, which is clearly enough to complete your cleaning chores.
- Also, the 441 CFM can manage debris without much of an issue.
- Finally, another thing to note here is the low emission engine.
- The engine certainly has a small impact on the environment.
- Also, the Auto-return stop switch offers good usability.
- Lightweight design with a decent motor.
- Debris control is satisfactory.
- Almost no emissions and efficient power consumption.
- Nozzle design is certainly good, but the design should have been better.
- Engine protection does have room for improvement.
3. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower Review
Our next product up for review for the best leaf blowers is the Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower. The folks at Greenworks have certainly put a lot of effort in their product. For this reason, you should probably be fine with home depot leaf blower like this.
If you are someone who wants an electric leaf blower with all the bells and whistles, they do have a look at this product.
Features and Benefits:
- At first, you get a 7amp motor which is certainly a suitable choice to get all the leaves out from your lawn.
- Then you have the lightweight design. The design is certainly easy to manage.
- It is clearly a winner in the design department.
- Also, you have a 2-speed motor which will certainly offer better flexibility.
- The 160mph capacity is an obvious sweet spot for homeowners.
- Finally, the carbon emission for this leaf blower is zero.
- So, no worries about inhaling toxic fumes.
- The lightweight design offers easy maintenance.
- 2-speed motor to clean up almost any mess.
- Zero carbon emission offers better usability.
- It is an electric leaf blower, so it has to be plugged in at all times. It is a bit annoying for some folks.
All in all, if you want a product which will probably get the job done, the Greenworks 24012 is a clear winner.
4. Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower Review
Coming in at number 4, we have the Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower.
The well-known manufacturers have certainly gone the extra mile to produce a leaf blower like this.It is a handheld leaf blower, so there are both flexibility and usability.
For someone who wants both power and flexibility, this gas-powered leaf blower will certainly get the job done. Of course, you do get all the necessary features you need.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the leaf blower feels good in the hand.
- The fan housing is placed in a convenient position.
- So, there are no complaints about the overall comfort.
- Then you have the 28cc 2-stroke gas powered motor.
- Offering a decent output at 170mph, this blower is certainly a suitable option for homeowners and professionals.
- Also, you have the ease of use of the fan controls.
- Add it to a smart starting mechanism, and you have a great leaf blower.
- Finally, the adjustable tube lengths offer great usability for any user.
- The in-line design ensures maximum comfort.
- Decent power output for almost any task.
- Easy-to-use controls with easy starting mechanism.
- The plastic tubing may sometimes offer poor air flow.
5. Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower with 2.1 HP X-Torq engine Review
Surprisingly, we have another leaf blower from the folks at Husqvarna. The Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower with 2.1 HP X-Torq engine is one of the best leaf blowers you can find in the market. It is a backpack leaf blower. So, you have that added flexibility with this blower.
For someone who needs flexibility and power at the same time, this leaf blower should be a fine choice.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the blower is lightweight and has a backpack harness.
- It is a convenient design for most people.
- Then you have the 2.1 HP X-Torq engine which emits fewer fumes and offers great functionality at the same time.
- For a lightweight leaf blower, 692 cfm is certainly a lot.
- It can only mean that you have that added bonus when cleaning large spaces.
- Finally, the fan controls are easy to use.
- Also, you have the air purge which can remove excess air from the carburetor and fuel system for added convenience.
- Good performance with decent controls.
- Low emissions for better usability.
- Easy-to-use controls for convenience.
- The construction may not be up to the mark for some folks.
6. GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 125MPH – 500CFM Cordless Blower, 2Ah Battery, and Charger Included Review
Our 6th contender in this leaf blowers reviews is the GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 125MPH – 500CFM Cordless Blower, 2Ah Battery, and Charger Included. It is a cordless leaf blower. So, you don’t need to look for a power outlet everywhere you go.
If you are a professional and want something convenient like a cordless blower, you may want to have a look at the product.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the 70-minute run time is decent for a cordless leaf blower.
- Also, the DigiPro brushless motors offer decent performance.
- The 500 cfm output at 125 mph is certainly convenient for light tasks.
- If you are someone who needs to deal with small cleaning tasks, then this leaf blower is a decent choice.
- Finally, the leaf blower operates at a silent level.
- Noise emission is really low.
- Lightweight design with a decent runtime.
- Can easily handle light tasks.
- Noise levels are respectable.
- The triggering mechanism could have been a bit better.
7. WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower with 110 MPH and 600 CFM Output and Variable Speed Control – WG520 Review
WORX has come up with another great product. Coming in at number 7 is the WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower with 110 MPH and 600 CFM Output and Variable Speed Control – WG520. Apart from its minimalistic design, it can easily cater to the needs of those who just want something handy with a bit of power.
- First of all, it is a corded leaf blower with a 12amp motor.
- Delivering a scintillating 600 cfm, it can certainly take care of small tasks as well as clean large areas.
- Also, their proprietary turbine fan technology offers superior performance than any typical blowers.
- Aside from all that power, the leaf blower has a lightweight design with a hassle-free power cord design for better usability.
- Patented Jet Flow technology offers superior performance.
- Lightweight design offers good flexibility.
- Super easy to handle.
- The instructions required for assembly are faulty.
8. Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 – MPH Gas-Powered Handheld Gas Blower Review
The Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170-MPH Gas-Powered Handheld Gas Blower is number 8 on our list for the best leaf blowers. For a gas leaf blower, it sure does have all the features you need. You would obviously need it if you want the extra cleaning power with added flexibility.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, we see an ergonomic design signature.
- The fan array has a suitable location which allows for maximum efficiency.
- Then you have an 8000rpm motor which can dish out air at 170 miles.
- It is plenty of power for cleaning the leaves from your lawn.
- Also, the controls and other settings all have a premium feel to it.
- Apart from that, you have an easy starting mechanism for flexibility.
- Ergonomic design certainly offers a better experience.
- Solid performance for light and heavy tasks.
- Easy-to-use blower with convenient controls.
- The fuel line may have slight issues.
9. EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower – 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit Review
The EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower – 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit is product number 9 on our list for the best leaf blower in 2017. Our leaf blowers reviews would be incomplete without this product.
If you are looking for a flexible option, then this is probably the product you are looking for.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the solid brushless motor can handle small cleaning tasks easily.
- For an electric blower, a 60-minute up time should probably be enough.
- Then you have the lightweight design. Of course, if you pair it with a 3-speed Turbine Fan Technology, then you have a solid leaf blower.
- Last but not the least, the leaf blower has a weather resistant construction.
- So, no worries about corrosion.
- Lightweight design offers better cleaning ability.
- Good run time.
- Weather-proof design for longevity.
- There may be an issue with the batteries for some people.
10. Poulan Pro 967087101 48cc Backpack Blower Review
The Poulan Pro 967087101 48cc Backpack Blower is our last product up for review for the best blower. Of course, this backpack leaf blower will certainly give an extra bit of edge for those who want it.
Features and Benefits:
- First of all, the backpack design gesture offers great flexibility for the user.
- You can get certainly reach the tough corners with this leaf blower.
- Then we have the power output. The 48cc 2-stroke engine delivers air at 200mph with a cfm of 475.
- These ratings should be enough to let you know the cleaning capabilities.
- Last but not the least, the controls and build quality are spot on for this blower.
- Cruise control offers good flexibility.
- Solid design with long-lasting parts.
- More than decent power output for a smooth workflow.
- It may be a bit too noisy for some folks.
How to use a leaf blower:
Using a leaf blower not that hard a task. Here are the steps.
- First, assemble the blower with the help of given instructions.
- Then make sure the power systems are assembled and ready to go.
- Keep your back towards the wind for optimal results.
- Never forget to use protective clothing like goggles, earplugs and related clothing.
- After you are done, it is certainly a good practice to remove the oil or the battery from your blower.
Leaf Blower Buying Guide: Things to Consider
As we mentioned earlier, trying to find a top-rated leaf blower is not an easy task. For all the new buyers out there, it is probably a bit annoying to buy a leaf blower online.
For this reason, we have come up with a few simple things which will certainly help you make a better decision. But do keep in mind that we can only show you the right path. Clearly, you are the one who needs to decide whether to use it or not. The bottom line is, the final decision will obviously be yours to make.
Here are the simple steps you should follow when you are going to buy the best leaf blowers.
- Making up your mind:
First of all, you need to make up your mind about what you really want. Sometimes it is hard to decide on a particular style of a leaf blower. Likewise, it is a bit of a hassle for most people.
Generally, the selection is between a gas leaf blower and an electric leaf blower. There are other categories in this section as well.
Gas leaf blowers can dish out a bit more power rather than the electric models. For large areas, these types of blowers are your best bet. But then again you have to pay a bit extra for the gas type blowers. But for a bit more power, it is only logical that you pay the extra cash. An echo leaf blower can be a nice choice.
Electric leaf blowers, on the other hand, do not have any gasoline requirements. They come in lighter weights. But electric blowers need to be connected via a power outlet at all times. Also, you don’t get the extra power you need.
Both types of blowers come in handheld, backpack, and wheeled options. Handheld blowers are convenient for smaller areas. But if you need to cover large grounds, you would probably need a backpack or wheeled type of blower. A commercial leaf blower will certainly cost more.
- Important terms to consider:
There are two defining terms you certainly need to remember. CFM or Cubic Feet per Minute is a term which relates to the amount of air the leaf blower can move. Then you have MPH or Miles per Hour. It is a measure of air flow from the leaf blower.
You should probably look at both figures when you are buying a leaf blower. Of course, the simple rule indicates that the more CFM and MPH, the more output you can get via these blowers. A CFM at a range of about 300 means that the blower is probably well suited for small tasks.
- Get in touch with the manufacturer:
I certainly consider this a very important step. Talk to the manufacturers about the product specs and warranty. It will certainly give you a better idea about the leaf blower. Also, it will play a crucial role in your decision making.
- Personal preferences:
It is probably obvious that you are the one who will be using the product. So, you should consider things like storage space, comfort, power consumption, emission and other related things. It is likely that you may not check all the boxes, but it will certainly help you make a decision.
These are the steps I think you should follow if you want to get the best leaf blower. Now I would like to answer a few small questions regarding leaf blowers for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are a few FAQs regarding the usage and maintenance of leaf blowers. I think it is only logical that I answer a few questions before ending the leaf blowers reviews. These questions will answer some of the basic things you should know about. Here they are:
Question: How can I reduce the noise levels when I use a leaf blower?
Answer: The simple answer to this is to buy a blower which has sound reduction techniques built-in. But it may not be a logical solution.
You should probably use the correct nozzle arrangements. Also, try and use the lowest possible settings. As an added measure, you should probably check whether the mufflers and filters are in the best shape.
Question: Is there any possible way to reduce dust?
Answer: Wetting down the dusty areas before using the blower is a smart option. Also, the nozzle orientation may help you with the matter.
Question: How can I be more efficient?
Answer: Read the instructors manual. It will guide you through the correct process of using the leaf blower. Moreover, for certain scenarios, it will also show you how to properly make the most out of your blower while keeping the power consumption minimal.
These are the basic questions all the users should take into account. Apart from these, you should always make sure that the blower is operating correctly at all times.
The leaf blowers reviews, as mentioned earlier is not an easy task. To buy a top quality leaf blower is also a tough choice.
But I have tried my best to show you the right path.
Now it is up to you to make the right choice.