Tons of battery backup sump pumps are ready for sale in the market. we selected some of among them. let’s check the best battery backup sump pumps at a glance in a comprising table:
Unwanted water in the basement is irritating. Even the basement flooding due to rain or power outage can cause structural damage to the home.
Sump pump installed in the basement is really helpful in this case. Here you are getting the best battery backup sump pump buying guide with essential information.
The Best Battery Backup Sump Pumps Reviews
- New and upgraded WAYNE WSS30V. Completely pre-assembled and drop in ready.
- Primary pump float switch tested to 1 million cycles, up to 10X more than competitors.*
- Assembled in the US with foreign and domestic parts
- Protection when you need it, back up pump continues running when the power is out. For Use In 16 inch. Diameter or Larger Sump Basins
- Primary pump moves up to 5100 GPH at 0 feet of head.
- 12V DC back up pump moves up to 2900 GPH at 0 feet of head, one of the highest performing DC pumps on the market
- Ultra-Quiet performance; 8 ft. SJTW Power Cord
- Made In America
- MECHANICAL COMPONENTS
- Commercial Brand: Liberty
- Package Dimensions: 18. 0" L x 18. 0" W x 21. 0" H
- Package contains: Controller, charger, two dual micro reed float switches, primary pump and backup pump, instruction manual (battery and acid sold separately)
- Back-up starts immediately after loss of power or if flow of water is too great for the AC pump alone
- Back-up features unique monitoring systems to diagnose problems and sound an alarm
- Compact, fits in pits as small as 12-Inch in diameter.
- Pumps 2,000 GPH at 0 ft. lift and 1,000 GPH at 10 ft. lift
- User-friendly controller monitors battery, pump and power conditions 24 hours a day
- Provides days of intermittent pumping power on a single battery charge
- Compatible with both wet cell and maintenance-free AGM batteries
- Provides extra protection when the primary AC pump fails due to power outages, when the primary pump fails
- All models have battery burn out and overcharge. Control device -Reliable low voltage float switch
- Model 507 has a self contained 10 amp battery recharger. Battery case made from noncorrosive polyethylene. Contains lock strap
- All systems are fully solid state automatic controllers with alarms, light indicators and have warning systems
- NOTE: Sump Pump and Battery are not included, as they must be purchased separately. Alarm Off - yellow light indicates the buzzer is currently silenced
- 720-Gallons per hour at 10-feet of lift and maximum flow is 1750 gallons per hour
- Corrosion resistant thermoplastic construction
- Alarm sounds to notify you when the backup system is active
- Requires one 40-ampere hour or one 75-ampere hour battery
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Pumps 2,200 GPH at 10 ft. lift and 3,500 GPH at 0 ft. lift
- USB port allows for connection to a Basement Watchdog WiFi (BW-WiFi) or home automation (BW-HZM) module, allowing you to receive real time alerts while away from home (text, email, or through the Basement Watchdog App)
- Remote terminal allows the ability to connect with a home security system, or other device
- User-friendly control panel provides 24 hour a day monitoring, detects irregularities, sounds an alarm, and pinpoints problems and solutions
- Powerful 20 amp multistage smart charger charges the battery quickly and shuts off completely to prolong battery life
- 1200 Watt Battery Back Up System, UL & CSA Approved
- Battery Cables Included, Rugged Aluminum Housing Compact Size
- Made and serviced in the USA
- You will need to purchase (separately) a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery up to 200 amps
- 2 Year Factory Warranty
- Includes: Model 53 115-volt pump, Model 508 Aqua not, 115 Volt DC backup system with pump, check valve, float switch and piping
- Plumbed in 1-1/2" Such 40 PVC pipe
- Comes fully assembled and ready to install in your clear water sump
- Extra protection when the primary AC pump fails due to power outages
- Fully solid state automatic 10A charger/controller with alarm, light indicator and warning system
- 12 Volt Sump pump moves up to 1,380 gallons per hour, pump will lift water up to 25' of vertical height
- Tough thermoplastic construction; 10-foot cord length
- Tethered float switch to automatically turn the pump on/off
- 1-1/4 inch or 1-1/2 inch NPT discharge for high capacity pumping
- Superior Pumps are Built to Last, engineered with quality components and are 100% factory tested
What Is A Sump Pump?
A sump pump is one kind of pump that is used to eliminate or drive away from the water flooded in the water-collecting sump basin.
We use it in our basements to protect the basement from flooding. In easy words, a type of pump which has the ability to store dirty water or excessive water from the soil or floor surface and transferring them to specific place safely.
Battery backup sump pump works even when your home is out of electricity.
Generally, sump pumps are of two types: pedestal and submersible. Pedestal pump has the motor installed above the pump.
This type of sump pump is cheap but noisy and gets heated faster. A submersible sump pump is the trending style of sump pumps.
This is entirely mounted in the sump. This pump works fine and causes no electrical short circuits.
This type of pump is more effective in application than pedestal pumps. But it has lesser longevity than another one.
You May Like:
How to Buy The Best Battery Backup Sump Pump?
Battery backup pump is an electric sump pump which never shuts off or stops working due to lack of electricity.
This type of submersible pump has a backup battery. Suppose, there are natural calamities such as storm has come, and there’s no power source.
Then you see water flooded in the basement. This would be a critical situation as there will be dampness, extra humidity.
Battery backup sump pump will assist you with the energy saved in the battery as backup.
Things you need to know beyond these definitions are really important.
After all, a low-quality battery backup sump pump is not only inefficient but also can do the opposite thing.
Battery backup sump pumps can run on two types of power functions: one is DC (direct current), and other is AC/DC (AC refers to alternating current).
You can choose any of them. DC battery backup pump can’t run with electricity we use in our home. But AC/DC pump can run with both types of power.
You should choose a backup sump pump depending on the size of your sump.
If your sump is smaller in size, you should choose the small size battery backup sump pump.
But you have to remember one thing; there should be ample space inside the sump to install and configure the system correctly.
You may find some models which have the main pump, including a battery backup pump together.
Several pumps may have plastic and metal both as structural ingredients.
But you should buy the top-quality battery backup sump pump made of cast iron.
These are sturdier and more rugged, which provides increased longevity.
You need to know how much your backup sump pump can expel water.
A good quality device can eliminate 10K-12K gallons of water with a single charge of the battery.
The Sump pump has different types of switches. These are vertical float switch, capacitive, etc. and many more.
The vertical switch works automatically when the water level is at a specific point.
But capacitive switch turns on the water level when the water level is above the specific point.
You should check this thing while buying a battery backup sump pump.
Easy and smart installation facility of the pump helps to save time and money.
You may have to work hard or pay more when there are complexities in installing the sump pump.
Maybe there is an unexpected happening, and your sump pump hasn’t alarm system.
What will you do? Good quality sump pump as a special alarm feature which signals if there’s any system failure.
The fuse can be blown, the battery can get a low level, or some other occurrences may happen.
This alarm system will be there for you to help. Many of the pumps alarm features can be connected to the home security system.
Obviously, it’s an important matter to a user having a fixed budget.
There are lots of budget sump pump which has a strong battery backup option. They may be cheap but no compromise with the quality.Top Rated #Battery Backup #Sump #Pump Click To Tweet
- Immediate activation when the electricity goes off
- Lowest risk of water flooding
- Can expel water more than 10000 gallons with a single charge of the battery
- Alarm feature shows warning regarding water level or any accidental issues
- One investment can serve up to 15 years
- Just DC pump won’t match the capacity of actual power when the electricity is gone
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Which one is more suitable; AC/DC or DC?
Answer: Actually it depends on you. DC sump pump works only with the battery. But the AC/DC pump can run on both.
DC pump doesn’t usually require extra wire configuration. But other one needs a wired connection which sometimes becomes messy.
But this type of pump has more efficiency than just DC sump pump.
Question: How much water can be removed with a one-time recharge?
Answer: Standard battery backup sump pump can store and transfer 10000 to 12000 gallons water.
The range can be changed in different models or brands of sump pumps.
Question: How long I need to charge the battery?
Answer: You can find it in the manual of the device.
Otherwise, you can ask the technician who will install the device.
So, you have already got the tips on buying the top-rated battery backup sump pump. Do you want to know more?
The first thing you need to think about the size of your sump. Then go for quality devices which will fit your budget and work smoothly even in the crisis.
You should check out the customer reviews, the points of how to buy, comparison of different brands, installation methods, and facilities, etc.
You should not spend money on just looking on the tags of quality things.
You should inspect the thing first by querying the existing users.
There’s no doubt about the ability of a battery backup sump pump. But failing to choose the best one can be regrettable.
So, think wisely and have the correct one for years to use in your residence. That’s all!
Now, It’s Over To You!
Now I’d like to hear from you: Leave a comment to let me know.
Spread it by Sharing on social media…