Nobody loves to sit on the same, dirty and messy car seats. As far as I know, dirty environment inside the car brings a lot of unnecessary issues.
Moreover, leather seats get damaged soon if you don’t take care of them. Conditioning is the best way to clean and nourish the car seats.
Would you like to know about a homemade leather conditioner for car seats?
I Am Here With Five Different Things Which Can Be Good Homemade Leather Conditioners
- Natural baby soap
- Lemon essential oil
- Laundry detergent solution
- Vinegar solution
Let Me Explain All Of Them:DIY – homemade leather conditioner for car seats Click To Tweet
Natural Baby Soap
You can find hundreds of soaps to condition the leather car seats. However, most of them bring an unfortunate result.
Take natural baby soap as the best alternative. Make sure this soap doesn’t contain any harmful chemical additives.
- Make a mixture of one-quart warm water, a tablespoon of baby soap, a few drops of vinegar.
- Bring cleaning cloth for the car. Then dip it into the mixture.
- Now, wipe the leather seat with the damp cloth and let it dry.
Try to keep this ratio if you need more amount of mixture for several seats.
If you don’t want to use a liquid solution, wax can be a good option.
- Create a mixture of beeswax, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil in a frying pan. The ratio will be 1:1:2.
- Mild heat the mixture and allow the mix melting into oil from fat.
- Cool the mixture and get thick balm after 30-40 minutes.
- Use your finger without any gloves to pick the balm. Then apply directly to the leather of your car seats.
- Wipe the whole leather part and use a dry cloth to complete shining it.
Lemon Essential Oil
Many users haven’t found that oil-based conditioners are good or bad for leather car seats.
However, you can surely use a mixture of olive oil and vinegar. Olive oil also has adverse effects on the leather after a certain period.
In this case, a lemon essential oil can be a great answer.
- Put 10-15 drops of oil on a soft clean cloth.
- Massage the surface of your seat with the cloth.
- After massaging, let the leather seats dry.
Lemon essential oil prevents any crack so that your leather seats stay usual for a long time.
Laundry Detergent Solution
Laundry detergent is a stock item in every household. You can use this to condition the leather seats.
- Vacuum the car seats to remove all the dirt and dust.
- Make a solution of a few tablespoon laundry detergent and ample water to make a solution.
- Use a sprayer to spray on the leather cover of the seats.
- You can use a soft cloth and dump it in the solution as an alternative to the sprayer.
- Lightly rub the leather and rinse the solution from it.
- Let the leather car seats dry.
Vinegar is a cheap, mild and expedient item to condition any leather item.
Even it’s a common thing in your house. A vinegar solution is also an excellent homemade cleaning product.
- Clean the car seats with a vacuum to remove the dust.
- Make a solution of vinegar and warm water in a bottle at this ratio 3:1.
- Shake the bottle and let the solution blend properly.
- Bring a sprayer and fill the solution in it.
- Spray the solution on the leather. Maintain a distance of 20 cm from seat to the sprayer.
- Rub the whole car leather and rinse the solution from it.
- Air-dry the leather seats.
How to Clean and Conditioner Leather Seats
It may worth for you:
Homemade leather conditioner for car seats is ready? Happy!
The above items are very much common and within your means. You can apply any of these to clean and shine the leather car seats.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Now, It’s Over To You!
Now I’d like to hear from you: Leave a comment to let me know.
Spread it by Sharing on social media…
Leave a Reply