The hose reel is a necessary thing to wash out things. Buying a hose reel can be less effective sometimes.
They can be costly but made of poor class elements such as low-quality plastic, retrograde metal, etc.
When you are using it regularly, you will face various problems. The hose can get holes in it. The reel may not work smoothly. Even unbinding the hose can be a matter of your sweating.
Problems get more acute when you have a large area to cover with same size hose and fixed positioned hose reel.
You won’t be able to take the hose to the corners you want. To remove all the problems, I am here to announce to you how to make hose reel at home.
Making hose reel at home is easy and simple to use. There are various DIY-ers available who shows different ways to make hose reel with least effort.
But all of these are quite helpful like you buy a readymade one. Among these methods, I have found one which is less costly, portable and easy to maintain.
To Make Hose Reel On Your Own, You Will Need a Few Things Such As
- 0.5-inch-thick plywood
- Vacuum cleaner pipe or PVC pipe of 3-inch diameter and 8-inch length
- Dowel of 1-inch diameter and 5-inch length
- Angle bracket having 12-inch arm
- Hand drill
- Scroll saw
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Wooden box
- PVC glue (Check Price)
- Utility knife
- Pencil and pencil compass
- Tennis ball
- Dust mask
Here is The Process You Need To Follow
- Arrange a work table and put the plywood on the table. Draw two circles of the diameter of 9-inch on the plywood with a pencil compass.
- Now do the same task again by keeping the same central point. Draw circle of 3-inch diameter within the 9-inch diameter circles. Now cut the circles out with a scroll saw to continue making the hose reel.
- Here you will get 2 solid plywood circles. These are of 3-inch diameter and two 9-inch diameter circles having the center tunneled out.
- The next step would be drilling a 1-inch diameter hole which has 1-inch far from the edge of one of the solid 3-inch circles by using the handheld the drill. Don’t move your drill lesser or more than 90° angle; otherwise, the result won’t be helpful. Then use a soft rag to clean the hole just you have made.
- Bring the 1-inch diameter dowel and put it inside the hole. Remember to leave 4.5 inches of the dowel which hangs from outside of the circle. You will use this as a turning handle.
- It’s time to sand the plywood circles. Use a paintbrush to apply varnish on them.
- Apply PVC glue to the circles’ inner perimeter. Attach one end of PVC pipe over it and let the glue dry fully. Add glue on the other circle and place over the PVC pipe.
- After drying the unit, install the angle on a wall or any wooden box for making it portable.
- Drill holes in the wall and attach angle bracket for fixed set up of hose reel. Otherwise, set angle bracket on the wooden box (portable).
- Then fit the plywood wheel and PVC pipe assembly to the arm of the angle bracket. Be sure to keep the dowel arm on the outside. Then make a stopper to keep the hose reel stay put on angle bracket. A tennis ball is good to make this stopper.
- This is how you can make a DIY hose reel at home.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Now, It’s Over To You!
Now I’d like to hear from you: Leave a comment to let me know.
Spread it by Sharing on social media…