Everyone, including men and women, is fond of some sort of jewelry. Day by day the thrust for wearing jewelry is increasing.
We people wear different types of jewelry to make you look beautiful and good-looking in front of others. His jewelry includes gold to silver and diamond. These are most often found in –
List of ornaments names
- Ear Stud
- And even in the strap of watches.
This jewelry gets faded very soon. It loses its’ sparkle and shiny outlook and turns into faded and ugly. Like this…
As an example,
Everyday dirt, soap, lotion and some other things those are responsible for taking the shine away from our jewelry. Without the shine, our jewelry looks so ugly sometimes.
Every one of us is thus concerned about how to keep our jewelry clean.
I bring good news for everyone. You would be mighty pleased to know that cleaning jewelry does not require any professional skills. You might clean your jewelry products by following some very easy steps in your house.
Here in this article,
I would introduce some easy steps and procedures to all of you about how to clean different pieces of jewelry including diamond, gold, silver and so on.
- 1 Jewelry Cleaning Products, Items
- 2 How to Make
- 3 Best Way to Clean Jewelry At Home
- 4 How to Clean
- 4.1 How to Clean Jewelry At Home
- 4.2 Home Remedies
- 4.3 Polish
- 4.4 Natural or Organic Way
- 4.5 Best Way Gold and Silver Jewelry Polish
- 4.6 How To Clean and Wash Jewelry
- 4.7 How To Shine Gold Jewelry
- 4.8 How to Disinfect Jewelry
- 4.9 How to Sterilize Jewelry
- 4.10 How to Polish Gold Jewelry
- 4.11 Where Can I Buy Jewelry Cleaner
- 4.12 Liquid Jewelry Cleaner
- 4.13 Jewelry Cleaner Ingredients
- 4.14 Clean Jewelry With Gin
- 4.15 Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Gemstones
- 4.16 Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Stones
- 4.17 Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Coke
- 4.18 Cleaning Jewelry with Ammonia
- 4.19 How To Clean Silver Jewelry With Toothpaste
- 4.20 Clean Jewelry with Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 4.21 Best Cloths for Silver Cleaning for Jewelry
- 4.22 Quick Jewelry Cleaner
- 4.23 Jewelry Cleaning Best Tips
- 5 Final Thoughts
Jewelry Cleaning Products, Items
Are you concerned about what can be used to clean jewelry such as
Silver, Gold, or Diamond?
You don’t need expensive jewelry cleaner to get your silver to sparkle, gold to gleam. Rather try trusted everyday items, most of which you probably already have in the house.
Don’t worry if you don’t find it in your house. These items and products are also available at your nearest shops too.
Jewelry Cleaner Recipe
There are several recipes for cleaning jewelry all over the world. But it varies according to the jewelry product. For instance, the mixture of baking soda and boiled water is a universally accepted recipe to clean sterling silver.
Jewelry Cleaning Products
It includes –
- Witch hazel
- Tea tree oil
- Baking soda
- Dish detergent
- Hot or boiled water
- Aluminum foil
- An old toothbrush and so on
Best Jewelry Cleaner Machine
There are several jewelry cleaner machines popular across the world. It works differently for different jewelry products. You can buy them from your nearest super-shops and also from online market internationally.
The machines are effective to clean jewelry but are often expensive and it is sometimes complex too to use them unless you are a tech-pro.
A professional jewelry cleaner might follow three different steps to brighten up your jewelry.
These steps are-
- Polishing and
It is very effective for jewelry products used and worn in our day to day life.
Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaning Machine
DIY – Do It Yourself – Best Jewelry Cleaner
Besides professional jewelry cleaner, there are easy procedures that you might follow to clean your jewelry by doing it yourself.
You can clean your:
Ear rings, necklaces and other jewelry products without using any harsh materials. It will save your money and time as it needs only 10-15 minutes approximately.
How to Make
Making jewelry cleaner in the house is not a tough job. You just need to follow some easy steps and your jewelry will shine again like before.
At first, you would need to collect all the ingredients.
The ingredients are –
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp dishwashing liquid
- 1 cup water and
- Aluminum foil
Then boil the water for a brief period of time and cut the foil to fit it into a small bowl.
Then put the water in the bowl and add salt, baking soda and dishwashing liquid there.
Then pour water into the bowl and stir it well.
After that put your desired jewelry in the mixture and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
This is how you can make jewelry cleaner.
Best Way to Clean Jewelry At Home
To clean jewelry in the home first you need to know what you should use to clean your jewelry without doing them any harm. It needs a specific cleaner, products, and items.
Some of the best home jewelry cleaners include –
- Alka Seltzer
- Tin foil
- Beer and
You also would be happy to know that some of the best homemade jewelry cleaners include –
- Tomato ketchup
- Baking soda etc.
There are lots of home jewelry cleaner recipes. Among them, the easiest one is described below-
At first, take two tablespoons of water and one-fourth cup of baking soda and then mix it to make a thick paste.
Then you can apply it to clean silver. If you want to clean your gold jewelry then you need to add baking soda with vinegar and then apply it to clean the rinse from your gold jewelry.
This is how to make homemade jewelry cleaner at home easily and with the affordable cost so that you don’t have to find it hard to clean your favorite jewelry to look like it a newer one recently brought from the market.
Homemade Jewelry Cleaner For Silver, Sterling Silver, Gold, Diamonds, Costume Jewelry
At first, you need to line glass bowl with aluminum foil. You need o keep in mind that the shiny side faces outside.
Then you need to put your desired jewelry in the bowl. You need to make sure that touches the foil.
Then add some baking soda to the bowl. After that, add some boiling water to it.
Lastly, wait for two to five minutes for the mixture to get its work done and then lift your jewelry from the bowl. If the jewelry is very dirty then you might need to repeat it several times.
In this way, you can clean silver, sterling silver, gold, and costume jewelry with great effect.
How to Clean
There are various ways to clean jewelry at home and outside. But it is always best to clean jewelry in the home as it is easy and does not need any special preparation.
How to Clean Jewelry At Home
There are several ways to clean jewelry at home.
You can use –
- Tomato ketchup,
- Baking soda to clean most of your jewelry.
How To Clean Jewelry At Home with Vinegar, Baking Soda:
You need to add vinegar with baking soda in a bowl and then put your jewelry in the bowl. Then rinse it for few minutes and take it way. Your jewelry will look like new one.
How to Clean Tarnished, Silver, Gold, Diamonds, Jewelry At Home:
You only need to add either vinegar or boiling water with two tablespoon baking soda and then pour your favorite jewelry in the mixture. Then wait for a few moments and your gold or silver or diamond jewelry which is tarnished due to chemical reactions with the air will once again look new.
There are several home remedies for gold and silver jewelry cleaning.
You can use any of your dishwashing detergent mixed with warm water to clean your gold jewelry. If your jewelry is not clean up to the mark then you can use the ammonia solution. Be careful to use ammonia for gold as it might dissolve the metal.
It is very easy to polish or shine jewelry at home.
You just need to apply detergent or washing soap with warm water. You need to be careful to use this solution as it might harm your jewelry if it is over-used.
This is how to polish gold and silver jewelry at home following easy steps.
Natural or Organic Way
Besides going to a professional there are several natural ways to clean jewelry at home.
Natural silver and gold jewelry cleaner include as mentioned above –
- Baking soda
- Tomato ketchup
- Vinegar and so on.
Natural silver polish for jewelry includes –
- Lemon-lime soda
- Cornstarch and
- Laundry detergent
The procedure is the same as it has been mentioned earlier. But you need to be cautious to use all these natural elements so that they don’t harm your loved jewelry.
DIY – Best Natural Jewelry Cleaner
Best Way Gold and Silver Jewelry Polish
It is very easy to polish or shine your gold and silver jewelry in the home.
You just need to rinse the jewelry in warm water with the use of a soft cloth often being a towel and…
…after that, you might use a silver cleaning fluid to add more shine to your jewelry.
The Best Jewelry Cleaner for Silver, Sterling Silver, Gold, White Gold And Diamonds are –
- Baking Soda with warm water
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Laundry and dishwashing detergent
- Bleaching powder
These are some of the most used elements for the best way to clean jewelry with Silver, Diamonds, Sterling and Gold.
How To Clean and Wash Jewelry
You might be wandering by the time now that whether all types jewelry could be cleaned or polished following all these common procedures.
It is almost the same but some special preparations are needed for some jewelry. These are mentioned below one after another-
- How To Clean Jewelry: To clean any jewelry at home you might well use things that are found around and near you at home. You just need to keep in mind about which product is perfect for what jewelry.
- Silver Jewelry: You can easily clean silver jewelry using toothpaste, vinegar and baking soda with water.
- Silver Plated Jewelry: Silver plated jewelry has a very thin layer of silver. So you need to be cautious enough to apply any of the procedures mentioned above and you need to rinse it very gently.
- Tarnished Jewelry: There are several ways to transform your tarnished jewelry into a newer one. You might use the silver cleaning cloth to clean jewelry. Again you might use your brush to apply soap and water.
- Gold Jewelry: Gold jewelry needs extra care for cleaning. At first, make s mixture of soap and warm water and pour your gold jewelry in it. Then wait for few moments and remove it from the soapy water and rinse it with a soft towel.
- White Gold Jewelry: It is nowadays one of the most popular jewelry for engagement. You need a bowl, mild soap, baking soda, and a soft brush to clean your white gold jewelry. You need to make a mixture with the warm water and apply it using the soft brush.
- Fake Gold Jewelry: it is easy to use lemon or vinegar solution to clean fake gold jewelry. If there is any gemstone in the jewelry then you need to be careful with the liquid might loosen the gemstone.
- Gold Chain Jewelry: Compared to other jewelry it is pretty easy to clean gold chain jewelry. You simply can use water and a soft toothbrush to clean it. However, be careful not to use toothpaste as it might harm the gold.
- Gold Plated Jewelry: You need to clean it using a soft cloth or cotton ball to remove dust and dirt from it after every time you wear it. Do not apply water or other substance as it might remove the gold-plate.
- Costume Jewelry: You need to use a drop or two of baby shampoo with a very little water to make the mixture to apply it to your costume jewelry. You need to be careful while using liquid.
- Gemstones Jewelry: You must take extreme care to clean your gemstones jewelry. You might apply a solution of warm water and mild soap in it using a soft brush(not a toothbrush). You need to be patient.
- Untarnished Jewelry: To untarnished jewelry, you simply might use baking soda, beer, gin, lemon-lime soda and ammonia with a gentle brush. It is the same as some of the processes mentioned above.
- Metal Jewelry: You might use blue dawn for cleaning your metal jewelry. You can use either vinegar or water for your tarnished metal jewelry to provide it a new look.
How To Shine Gold Jewelry
To shine your gold jewelry you need to soak it into a mixture of water and laundry detergent.
Then apply the brush to it to take away the dirt and then clean it once again in cold water and then dry it using a soft cloth.
How to Disinfect Jewelry
Body jewelers are often attached to our body and so if it gets infected it is necessary to disinfect them.
You can disinfect body jewelry using –
- Antibacterial soap
- Mouthwash products, and
How to Sterilize Jewelry
The process of sterilizing jewelry is just like the same way of disinfecting jewelry. There is nothing indifferent between these two.
How to Sterilize Body Jewelry
How to Polish Gold Jewelry
You can easily polish your gold jewelry using cold water and a soft cotton ball or cloth with care.
Gold Polishing Process
Where Can I Buy Jewelry Cleaner
Liquid Jewelry Cleaner
There are several liquid jewelry cleaners in the market that you can apply to clean your jewelry.
These are –
- Mr. Clean etc.
Jewelry Cleaner Ingredients
Besides these liquid jewelry cleaners, there are some other jewelry ingredients that you might apply –
- Baking Soda: You might use baking soda with warm water to clean your jewelry. You need to use one-fourth of tablespoon baking soda with one cup of warm water.
- Vinegar: You can simply apply vinegar and rub it with your jewelry gently to wear off the tarnish of your jewelry.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: You might use baking soda and vinegar together to clean your jewelry. The process is mentioned above and it is very easy to apply too.
Clean Jewelry With Gin
Gin is often used to clean jewelry. Firstly, you need to take a jig of Gin in a bowl. Then soak your jewelry in it for five minutes and clean it with a gentle touch.
Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Gemstones
Silver jewelry with gemstone contains 90-92% silver and other’s material like gems and stones. The procedure is same as mentioned above.
How to Clean Silver Jewelry with Gemstones
Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Stones
It needs extra care as harshness might wear off the stone otherwise the procedure is same as mentioned earlier. You might use Alka-sterilizer or vinegar.
How to Clean Silver Jewelry With Stones
Cleaning Silver Jewelry with Coke
It is as easy as it might get. You just need to pour some coca-cola in a bowl and put your silver jewelry there. After waiting for 5 minutes take it away and rub it o get the sine back.
Cleaning Jewelry with Ammonia
Diamonds are cleaned using Ammonia. It requires one part of water and one part of Ammonia. The other procedures are same.
But be careful to clean gold with ammonia as it might react to change it.
Jewelry Cleaning Using Ammonia
How To Clean Silver Jewelry With Toothpaste
You just need to apply toothpaste over your jewelry and rub it with a very soft brush in order to clean the tarnish of the jewelry. But you must be cautious.
How To Use Toothpaste To Clean Silver Jewelry
Clean Jewelry with Bicarbonate Of Soda
Bicarbonate soda popularly known as baking soda is used to make the solution with warm water in aluminum foil to clean jewelry.
DIY – Best Way of Jewelry Cleaner Using Baking Soda
Best Cloths for Silver Cleaning for Jewelry
Most of the silver cleaning cloths are made from soft-cotton clothes. You might buy it or use your old ones too.
DIY – Jewelry Cleaner
It is easy to use DIY jewelry cleaner.
You need to add all the ingredients such as –
- One tablespoon baking soda,
- Salt and
- Some warm water.
You can use the solution to clean your jewelry.
Simple Shine Jewelry Cleaner
Almost all the homemade jewelry cleaners are simple shine jewelry cleaners that you can easily use to clean your favorite jewelry.
DIY Jewelry Cleaner! Look How Shiny My Jewelry Came Out!
Safe Jewelry Cleaner
Whether jewelry cleaners are safe or not, it depends on how you are using it.
Easy Jewelry Cleaner
Easy jewelry cleaner includes all those cleaning materials that you can find in your pantry and in and around your surroundings.
Quick Jewelry Cleaner
Quick jewelry cleaner includes –
- Baking soda
- Tomato ketchup
- Toothpaste and so on.
All these products are easy to find and quick to use as they do not require any special preparation.
Jewelry Cleaning Best Tips
Here are some of the jewelry cleaning tips that might help you-
- You should make-up and use fragrance before putting on your jewelry to minimize the cleaning.
- You should keep your diamond jewelry separately to avoid scratches.
- Scrub gently while cleaning
- Do not over-clean the jewelry.
How To Clean Gold Jewellery At Home | Simple Life Hacks
Jewelry nowadays are not only about portraying aristocracy but also is about showcasing fashion-consciousness and smartness.
As jewelry is made with extreme care and importance so it is extremely essential to maintain them with care and love. It needs regular cleaning in order to maintain its shine and gorgeous look.
Women especially are concerned about their jewelry and often get tensed about it.
People hardly believe that cleaning their jewelry does not require going to any professionals rather you can easily clean them using products that is easy to find around your pantry and at the same time very easy to use too.
I strongly believe that this article would help you to understand the procedures and necessary products that you might use with effectiveness to clean your loved and favorite jewelry at ease and at the same time save your money and time.
I wish you all the best. Keep using this cleaning tips and keep shining brighter with your jewelry like the moon and sunshine.