Every gardener desire to showcase their garden as the cleanest of all like a showpiece.
However, the notorious weeds grow like villains to crash the beauty of your garden.
So, today I am going to discuss how you can permanently kill the weeds to make your garden look like a paradise once for all.
When we talk about killing weeds permanently, you need to understand that prevention is better than cure, So, whenever you start planning for your garden, make sure it is weed proof; at least to some extent.
Here are some ways to prevent weed growth in your garden-
- Using weed control fabric thickly under the driveways, patios, and walkways is a better solution.
- To stop weed growing between the gaps of driveways and paving, block the gaps with weed control sand.
- Whenever you notice a new weed growing to kill it as soon as possible without further delay and laziness.
- Unused or bare soil works perfectly for weed to grow in abundance. So, plant on the bare soil or mulch and cover it.
These are the ways to prevent weeds from growing. However, if you see a weed colony, take the mentioned measure –
- You can kill weeds manually. To do so, take a garden knife or hose and wipe out each weed with its deep route under the soil.
- You might well burn the weeds with controlled fire, but it often leaves the root which helps them grow again.
- You might use homemade solutions to kill weed permanently. Sprinkling a handful of baking soda around the driveways, walkways, and gaps will prevent the weed. Furthermore, the use of borax and bleaching powder effectively kills the stubborn weeds permanently.
- In case of a great number of weeds, I would recommend you to use anti-weed chemicals directly.
Weeds are tough to remove. They might hide for years and then grow out of nowhere.
Regular inspection and application of the above measures will help you dealing permanently with the weeds.
Now, It’s Over To You!
Now I’d like to hear from you: Leave a comment to let me know.
Spread it by Sharing on social media…